1. My device will not connect to my phone.
- Make sure that you have activated WiFi in your Pulsar device. A WiFi icon with a question mark should appear in the status bar.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Stream Vision. Download the App from Google Play or Apple App Store
- Check that the password in the Pulsar device is correct. Default password is 12345678. You can change it in the "WiFi Settings" menu item of your Pulsar device.
- To reset password, please go to the "General settings"=> "Default settings".
- Make sure you have Location (GPS) on in your phone.
- Repeat the connection procedure.
2. My phone is asking for a password or will not accept the password.
- Default password is 12345678. You can check and change it in the "WiFi Settings" menu item of your device.
- To reset your password, please go to the "General settings"=> "Default settings".
3. When connecting my phone shows the messages "Weak signal" or "No internet connection".
Please ignore such messages, they have nothing to do with the connection to the device.
The Pulsar device is not the source of the Internet connection, which is why the phone shows them.
4. My phone will not stay connected to a Pulsar device.
- Please make sure GPS (Location) is on in your mobile device.
- Try switching on the "Airplane mode" (for iOS devices) and disable mobile data transfer.
- Try turning off your home WiFi router or other strong WiFi networks and re-try the connection.
- Turn off the "Switch to mobile data" (Android) option – this smartphone feature may automatically shut down the connection to the Pulsar device.
- For Android devices please select "allow" all for the App's features of your phone settings.
- For iOS 14 make sure the "Local network" setting is on in the app's permissions.
For better performance while downloading files or while updating firmware, please make sure the distance between your device and phone is within 10 feet.
Should the issue persist:
- Return to default settings in your Pulsar device.
- Check that the password in the Pulsar device is correct (or set up a new password)
- Delete (forget) the Pulsar device's network in your phone and connect to this network with a new password.
5. Videos cannot be downloaded from the App to my phone.
Please make sure your device is connected to the phone.
Follow the connection instructions (point 3).
6. File download takes too long or download is interrupted.
Please make sure the distance between your device and smartphone is within 10 feet.
Note that other strong WiFi networks in the area may negatively impact download speed or connection stability.
7. There is no sound when playing recorded videos in Stream Vision.
This can be solved by updating firmware for select products. Please check if there is a new firmware for your device.
For devices that are up to date, to play the sound, please download video to your iPhone and use an alternative media player such as VLC Player.
8. Why do I need to turn on Location (GPS) in my phone to be able to connect?
Enabling the GPS (Location) function is necessary for the application to remember the network name and then,
if the connection with the device is lost / restored, it can re-connect automatically.
The app does not collect location data for any other purpose.
Connection is impossible without turning on GPS.
For further assistance please submit a request located in the top right hand corner of this page or give us a call!